Monday, July 7, 2014

July Currently

This month crept up on me, I was fully prepared for the 4th of July and completely forgot about the Currently! Better late than never right?


Listening: I'm watching 27 Dresses right now. Last night I had the house to myself and couldn't for the life of me find a cheesy chick flick on TV, so I ended up watching bridesmaids - I know, I know, everyone loves that movie, but its not my favorite. The whole thing is just really uncomfortable and gross. But tonight I found 27 Dresses - just my kind of romantic comedy, and my husband keeps asking if he can change the channel...

Loving: This weekend was completely free - I had nowhere to be all weekend. I slept in a lot, I wandered an antique store, I ran errands without rushing, and I wore sweats. It was wonderful.  This was my last completely free weekend until after Labor Day, yes, I have something every weekend for the next two months.  Welcome to summer - time for family reunions, bridal showers, 4H meetings, weddings not to mention parades, county fairs, and hopefully a little fun in there too.

Thinking: I've been telling myself that I should really get back on my workout schedule, it's been far too long.  This weekend I finally got motivated, and now I'm really trying to keep it going.  My husband and I are in two weddings this fall and I would really like to look at all of the pictures and actually like them.

Wanting: I want to go to the TPT conference in Vegas so badly! I know it won't happen this year, so I've already started saving my pennies for next year.

Needing: It's a little bit ridiculous how badly I need to go to the grocery store.  My refrigerator is pretty bare, and you know it's bad because I'm out of the basics, like flour - and naturally everything that I want to make for requires flour.

Plans for the 4th: I had the best Fourth of July.  I didn't have to be anywhere until 5pm, so I spent the entire day sewing - which is something that I rarely get to do.  I make quilts as wedding gifts for very close friends and family members, and seeing as we have two weddings this fall, I have two quilts to finish. We had dinner with my parents and then went to see fireworks.

I had a great weekend, and I'm really looking forward to this week - My birthday is this week! I'll also be volunteering at one of my favorite events of the summer, so it will be a good week!

3 comments:

  1. I've started saving for next year's conference too. We WILL go next year! :) Also, Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I'm all in for next year's conference, we'll have to hold each other to it!

      Delete
  2. Your fourth plans sound like they were wonderful! My weekends this summer sound a lot like yours. I think I do have one free weekend this month, but that's about it until school starts up again. People need to learn how to plan things during other seasons! :)

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete